Backpack ansvar I
Color: burgundy red
- vintage red
- burgundy red
- olive green
- all black
- 1-3 working days
India and Sri Lanka.
Ansvar I is the first backpack in the world that is both Fairtrade Cotton & GOTS certified. In Scandinavia the word ansvar stands for responsibility. The concept of our backpack combines sustainability and Scandinavian design. The casual look is further enhanced by the subtle leather applications. The main compartment is accessed via the rolltop, which is closed with two buckles. It offers space for a large notebook and everything else you need for everyday use. The volume of 14 liters can be increased by a further 5 liters when rolled up. The back is padded for comfort. Another side pocket and a small front compartment with zipper offer space for a drinking bottle and small items that need to be within easy reach.
Made from 100% organic and Fairtrade Cotton, this backpack is comfortable to carry and at the same time sturdy. The dense canvas fabric protects against light rain and is quick drying. Since we only use natural materials, this backpack can get an individual note over time. The backpack is ideal for everyday use, day trips, school, university, shopping and the office.
Our backpack ansvar I is part of our essentials that we have in our assortment on a permanent basis. With our basic styles you can create an essential set of sustainable and timeless clothing.
If you like this style, then it is meant for you. We believe that everyone can wear our backpacks, regardless of gender stereotypes.
- Laptop compartment up to 15" (separate division and padded; dimensions approx. 38cm x 28cm)
- Accessories bag for small items such as keys, cell phones and cosmetics
- External water bottle holder, magazine compartment & secure zipped compartment
- Width: 28 cm | Height: 40-56 cm | Depth: 12 cm | Volume: 14 + 5 liters
- 100% organic cotton
- Material type: Canvas (naturally water-repellent)
- Additional materials: Adjustable wide organic cotton shoulder straps, High-quality nickel- and chrome-free buckles, EVA rubber (soft back padding)
- Canvas (naturally water-repellent)
- Free of toxic pollutants according to the GOTS standard
This backpack is not machine washable. In order to enjoy our backpack ansvar I in the long term, please only clean it by hand. We recommend a GOTS-certified impregnation spray to optimize the water-repellence of the organic cotton canvas.
MELA backpacks are triple certified according to Fairtrade Cotton, Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and the Green Button. In our opinion, the social and ecological aspects of these standards complement each other perfectly, so that we can speak of holistically sustainable textiles with a clear conscience.
- With the Fairtrade Cotton standard, we ensure that social criteria are adhered to in the cultivation of the raw material. Particular importance is attached to fair wages for cotton farmers. With every MELA item you buy, you support Indian cotton cooperatives with a Fairtrade premium. MELA is also part of the new Fairtrade Textile Standard, which advocates living wages along the entire supply chain.
- The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) ensures that only eco-friendly substances are used along the entire supply chain - from cotton cultivation to the dyeing of the fabrics - and that social standards are met. This is monitored by independent certification bodies.
- In addition, this fashion item is also certified according to the German government-run textile seal Green Button, which checks social and environmental criteria at both product and company level.
The Backpack was made by our bag manufacturer in Kolkata, India.
We have been working closely with this company since the launch of our first model. Together we have continuously optimized the quality and sustainability of our products. Our manufacturer has been awarded numerous prizes for their social commitment. The topic of female empowerment is strongly promoted in their two factories and they offer numerous staff development programs. The employees also benefit from annual medical offerings, which are extended to the communities adjacent to the production facilities.
We do not only pay attention to a fair and healthy working environment at the final stage of production, but along the entire supply chain: From the cotton to the finished product, we can trace all ingredients and guarantee compliance with social and ecological standards.All our production steps take place in the countries where the raw materials have their origin. This helps to maximize local value and to shorten transportation routes.