Backpack MELA x dariadéh
- 1-3 working days
India and Sri Lanka.
The backpack MELA x dariadéh is the unique result when two sustainable fashion labels work together: Madeleine Alizadeh (founder of the fashion label dariadéh and the blog Daria Daria) and Henning Siedentopp (founder of MELA), met on a trip to India in 2018, where the Melawear team showed the famous fashion and sustainability influencer the entire MELA supply chain: from the Fairtrade and organic cotton cooperatives to the garment manufacturers. It quickly became clear that both have a common mindset: to always question things and NOT to be satisfied with simple and convenient solutions when it comes to sustainability. Dariadéh and MELA are two brands that do not compromise on sustainability. The result of this cooperation is a backpack that was developed jointly by both brands and is produced in the MELA supply chain in India.
Made from 100% organic and Fairtrade Cotton, this backpack is comfortable to carry and at the same time sturdy. The dense canvas fabric protects against light rain and is quick drying. Since we only use natural materials, this backpack can get an individual note over time. The backpack is ideal for everyday use, day trips, school, university, shopping and the office.
Our backpack MELA x dariadéh is a collection item. Since we want to avoid overproduction, we initially produced this product in limited quantities. So order now to be sure to get your new favorite backpack!
If you like this style, then it is meant for you. We believe that everyone can wear our backpacks, regardless of gender stereotypes.
- Separate laptop compartment up to 15"
- Accessories bag for small items such as keys, cell phones and cosmetics
- Water bottle compartments on two sides - adjustable in size
- Width: 26 cm | Height: 37 cm | Depth: 14 cm | Volume: 13.5 liters
- 100% organic cotton
- Material type: Canvas (naturally water-repellent)
- Additional materials: Adjustable wide organic cotton shoulder straps, High-quality nickel and chrome-free buckles, EVA rubber (back, floor and shoulder padding)
- Canvas (naturally water-repellent)
- Free of toxic pollutants according to the GOTS standard
This backpack is not machine washable. In order to enjoy our backpack MELA x dariadéh in the long term, please only clean it by hand. We recommend a GOTS-certified impregnation spray to optimize the water-repellence of the organic cotton canvas.
MELA backpacks are triple certified according to Fairtrade Cotton, Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and the Green Button. In our opinion, the social and ecological aspects of these standards complement each other perfectly, so that we can speak of holistically sustainable textiles with a clear conscience.
- With the Fairtrade Cotton standard, we ensure that social criteria are adhered to in the cultivation of the raw material. Particular importance is attached to fair wages for cotton farmers. With every MELA item you buy, you support Indian cotton cooperatives with a Fairtrade premium. MELA is also part of the new Fairtrade Textile Standard, which advocates living wages along the entire supply chain.
- The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) ensures that only eco-friendly substances are used along the entire supply chain - from cotton cultivation to the dyeing of the fabrics - and that social standards are met. This is monitored by independent certification bodies.
- In addition, this fashion item is also certified according to the German government-run textile seal Green Button, which checks social and environmental criteria at both product and company level.
The Backpack was made by our bag manufacturer in Kolkata, India.
We have been working closely with this company since the launch of our first model. Together we have continuously optimized the quality and sustainability of our products. Our manufacturer has been awarded numerous prizes for their social commitment. The topic of female empowerment is strongly promoted in their two factories and they offer numerous staff development programs. The employees also benefit from annual medical offerings, which are extended to the communities adjacent to the production facilities.
We do not only pay attention to a fair and healthy working environment at the final stage of production, but along the entire supply chain: From the cotton to the finished product, we can trace all ingredients and guarantee compliance with social and ecological standards.All our production steps take place in the countries where the raw materials have their origin. This helps to maximize local value and to shorten transportation routes.