: burgundy red
- all black
- burgundy red
- olive green
- 1-3 working days
India and Sri Lanka.
Amar is a minimalist backpack in a contemporary design with roll-top function. An outer pocket and inner compartments for keys and a mobile phone, make Amar a versatile everyday companion. The practical 15-inch laptop compartment is protected by a comfortable back padding. Thanks to the modern roll-top system, the volume of Amar can be extended from 15 to another 5 liters. The roll-top compartment can be closed with a high-quality YKK zipper.
Made from 100% organic and Fairtrade Cotton, this backpack is comfortable to carry and at the same time sturdy. The dense canvas fabric protects against light rain and is quick drying. Since we only use natural materials, this backpack can get an individual note over time. The backpack is ideal for everyday use, day trips, school, university, shopping and the office.
Our backpack AMAR is part of our essentials that we have in our assortment on a permanent basis. With our basic styles you can create an essential set of sustainable and timeless clothing.
If you like this style, then it is meant for you. We believe that everyone can wear our backpacks, regardless of gender stereotypes.
- Vegan roll top with expandable volume
- Laptop compartment with zipper on the padded back, suitable for up to 15" (dimensions approx. 38cm x 28cm)
- External patch pocket, spacious internal compartment with a small compartment for cell phones etc. & practical key ring clip
- Width: 28 cm | Height: 41-58 cm | Depth: 13.5 cm | Volume: 15 + 5 liters
- 100% organic cotton
- Material type: Canvas (naturally water-repellent)
- Additional materials: Adjustable wide organic cotton shoulder straps, High-quality nickel and chrome-free buckles, EVA rubber (back, floor and shoulder padding)
- Canvas (naturally water-repellent)
- Free of toxic pollutants according to the GOTS standard
This backpack is not machine washable. In order to enjoy our backpack AMAR in the long term, please only clean it by hand. We recommend a GOTS-certified impregnation spray to optimize the water-repellence of the organic cotton canvas.
MELA backpacks are triple certified according to Fairtrade Cotton, Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and the Green Button. In our opinion, the social and ecological aspects of these standards complement each other perfectly, so that we can speak of holistically sustainable textiles with a clear conscience.
- With the Fairtrade Cotton standard, we ensure that social criteria are adhered to in the cultivation of the raw material. Particular importance is attached to fair wages for cotton farmers. With every MELA item you buy, you support Indian cotton cooperatives with a Fairtrade premium. MELA is also part of the new Fairtrade Textile Standard, which advocates living wages along the entire supply chain.
- The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) ensures that only eco-friendly substances are used along the entire supply chain - from cotton cultivation to the dyeing of the fabrics - and that social standards are met. This is monitored by independent certification bodies.
- In addition, this fashion item is also certified according to the German government-run textile seal Green Button, which checks social and environmental criteria at both product and company level.
The Backpack was made by our bag manufacturer in Kolkata, India.
We have been working closely with this company since the launch of our first model. Together we have continuously optimized the quality and sustainability of our products. Our manufacturer has been awarded numerous prizes for their social commitment. The topic of female empowerment is strongly promoted in their two factories and they offer numerous staff development programs. The employees also benefit from annual medical offerings, which are extended to the communities adjacent to the production facilities.
We do not only pay attention to a fair and healthy working environment at the final stage of production, but along the entire supply chain: From the cotton to the finished product, we can trace all ingredients and guarantee compliance with social and ecological standards.All our production steps take place in the countries where the raw materials have their origin. This helps to maximize local value and to shorten transportation routes.