Color : sunflower
- olive green
- vintage red
- 1-3 working days
India and Sri Lanka.
Our sporty, casual hip bag is the ideal storage place for the important things in everyday life. The modern, rounded design makes this bum bag with an adjustable strap a versatile companion. A large main compartment on the front and an additional small compartment on the back are equipped with a high-quality YKK zipper.
Made from 100% organic and Fairtrade Cotton, this bum bag is comfortable to carry and at the same time sturdy. The dense canvas fabric protects against light rain and is quick drying. Since we only use natural materials, this bum bag can get an individual note over time. The backpack is ideal for everyday use, day trips, school, university, shopping and the office.
Our bum bag is part of our essentials that we have in our assortment on a permanent basis. With our basic styles you can create an essential set of sustainable and timeless clothing.
If you like this style, then it is meant for you. We believe that everyone can wear our bags, regardless of gender stereotypes.
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Main compartment with zip
- Small compartment with zipper on the back
- Width: 31 cm | Height: 13.5 cm | Depth: 8.5 cm | Volume: 3 liters
- 100% organic cotton
- Material type: Canvas
- Free of toxic pollutants according to the GOTS standard
These are not machine washable. In order to enjoy our bum bag in the long term, please only clean it by hand. We recommend a GOTS-certified impregnation spray to optimize the water-repellence of the organic cotton canvas.
MELA backpacks are triple certified according to Fairtrade Cotton, Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and the Green Button. In our opinion, the social and ecological aspects of these standards complement each other perfectly, so that we can speak of holistically sustainable textiles with a clear conscience.
- With the Fairtrade Cotton standard, we ensure that social criteria are adhered to in the cultivation of the raw material. Particular importance is attached to fair wages for cotton farmers. With every MELA item you buy, you support Indian cotton cooperatives with a Fairtrade premium. MELA is also part of the new Fairtrade Textile Standard, which advocates living wages along the entire supply chain.
- The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) ensures that only eco-friendly substances are used along the entire supply chain - from cotton cultivation to the dyeing of the fabrics - and that social standards are met. This is monitored by independent certification bodies.
- In addition, this fashion item is also certified according to the German government-run textile seal Green Button, which checks social and environmental criteria at both product and company level.
The Bum Bag was made by our producer near Tirupur, India.
As with our other production facilities, the focus here is on transparent, friendly and equal cooperation.
We do not only pay attention to a fair and healthy working environment at the final stage of production, but along the entire supply chain: From the cotton to the finished product, we can trace all ingredients and guarantee compliance with social and ecological standards.All our production steps take place in the countries where the raw materials have their origin. This helps to maximize local value and to shorten transportation routes.