Backpack MELA II mini
Color : black
- olive green
- 1-3 working days
India and Sri Lanka.
The MELA II Mini backpack is equally suitable for children, adolescents and adults. The mini version of our backpack MELA II still offers space for essential equipment in the urban jungle: A notebook up to 11 inches, a drinking bottle and documents can be safely stowed away. The practical rucksack also has a very special function: the soft back padding can be removed and used as a seat cushion.
Made from 100% organic and Fairtrade Cotton, this backpack is comfortable to carry and at the same time sturdy. The dense canvas fabric protects against light rain and is quick drying. Since we only use natural materials, this backpack can get an individual note over time. The backpack is ideal for everyday use, day trips, school, university, shopping and the office.
Our backpack MELA II Mini is part of our essentials that we have in our assortment on a permanent basis. With our basic styles you can create an essential set of sustainable and timeless clothing.
If you like this style, then it is meant for you. We believe that everyone can wear our backpacks, regardless of gender stereotypes.
- Zipper right to the bottom (front can be opened completely & simplifies packing)
- Laptop compartment for up to 11" (seperate division and padded), removable back padding that can be used as a seat cushion
- Bottle compartment (ideal for 0.3 liter bottles)
- Width: 21 cm | Height: 30 cm | Depth: 12 cm | Volume: 8 liters
- 100% organic cotton
- Material type: Canvas (naturally water-repellent)
- Additional materials: Adjustable wide organic cotton shoulder straps, High-quality nickel- and chrome-free buckles, EVA rubber (soft back and seat padding)
- Canvas (naturally water-repellent)
- Free of toxic pollutants according to the GOTS standard
This backpack is not machine washable. In order to enjoy our backpack MELA II Mini in the long term, please only clean it by hand. We recommend a GOTS-certified impregnation spray to optimize the water-repellence of the organic cotton canvas.
MELA backpacks are triple certified according to Fairtrade Cotton, Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and the Green Button. In our opinion, the social and ecological aspects of these standards complement each other perfectly, so that we can speak of holistically sustainable textiles with a clear conscience.
- With the Fairtrade Cotton standard, we ensure that social criteria are adhered to in the cultivation of the raw material. Particular importance is attached to fair wages for cotton farmers. With every MELA item you buy, you support Indian cotton cooperatives with a Fairtrade premium. MELA is also part of the new Fairtrade Textile Standard, which advocates living wages along the entire supply chain.
- The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) ensures that only eco-friendly substances are used along the entire supply chain - from cotton cultivation to the dyeing of the fabrics - and that social standards are met. This is monitored by independent certification bodies.
- In addition, this fashion item is also certified according to the German government-run textile seal Green Button, which checks social and environmental criteria at both product and company level.
The Backpack was made by our bag manufacturer in Kolkata, India.
We have been working closely with this company since the launch of our first model. Together we have continuously optimized the quality and sustainability of our products. Our manufacturer has been awarded numerous prizes for their social commitment. The topic of female empowerment is strongly promoted in their two factories and they offer numerous staff development programs. The employees also benefit from annual medical offerings, which are extended to the communities adjacent to the production facilities.
We do not only pay attention to a fair and healthy working environment at the final stage of production, but along the entire supply chain: From the cotton to the finished product, we can trace all ingredients and guarantee compliance with social and ecological standards.All our production steps take place in the countries where the raw materials have their origin. This helps to maximize local value and to shorten transportation routes.